If your file is less than 1GB, you may upload it through our website at:
Sending Files Larger Than 1GB
If your file is larger than 1GB, you will not be able to email it or upload it through “SnowTech Uploads”. In this case you may either put the file on DVD and mail it or request a temporary File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
If you would like to FTP your file, please contact SnowTech to get the following information:
- FTP Host URL
- FTP Username
- FTP Password
- Recommendations for FTP client software
Using the built in FTP client in Windows:
1) From the START MENU, select MY COMPUTER (This will open a new My Computer window)
2) Confirm that the “Address Bar” is in view (showing My Computer). If it is not showing, choose View=>Toolbars=>Address Bar
3) Type the FTP Host URL that you have been given into the address bar (this takes you to the FTP window)
4) At the FTP window, choose File=>Login As (this will bring up the login window)
5) Enter the FTP Username and FTP Password that you have been given
6) The window should now display a set of folders
– Transferring the File –
7) Open a new window and navigate to the file(s) that you want to upload.
8) Drag the file(s) into the FOLDER that has been given to you
9) Notify SnowTech by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let them know the file has been posted.
Note: Depending on your internet connection large files can take a long time to upload. A rough estimate for Cable/DSL connections is 1 minute per MB. Example: a 13MB file would upload in about 13 minutes.
If you have any problems, please contact us and we will arrange other means to obtain your file.